Just follow these steps and you’ll be able to remove 98% of Viruses, Spyware & Malware from your computer.
These steps apply to Windows XP (No longer supported by Microsoft), Windows 7 & Windows 8.
Steps for Windows 10 can be found here at Microsoft’s site
– Turn off your computer, let it sit for about 60 seconds, then turn it back on.
– As soon as you turn it back on start tapping F8. (F8 is located across the top of your keyboard) Do this right away until you get a menu screen that says “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
– Then use the up and down arrow keys on the keyboard and select the one that says “Safe Mode With Networking” and Press Enter.
– If a second screen comes up with “Select The Operating System”, just press enter again.
– Let the computer boot up and then log into your computer account like you normally would.
– Once logged in you will be prompted with “What is Safe Mode” just click on Yes to continue into Windows.
– Click here to download Kaspersky TDSSKiller (It is FREE) onto the infected or possibly infected computer.
– Click here to download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware onto the infected or possibly infected computer.
– Run the TDSSKiller.exe file first. Wait until the scanning and disinfection completes. A reboot might require after the disinfection has been completed.
– Run and install Malwarebytes. Run the Malwarebytes updates first and then run a full scan with Malwarebytes.
Side Note to Step 2
There is a free and paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The free version will do a full scan and completely remove all infections you have. I highly recommend the paid version, only because it will provide you with Realtime Protection for your computer.
Just like your AntiVirus program does Realtime scanning and protection of your computer for viruses, Malwarebytes also provides Realtime scanning and protection for any spyware and malware that has infected your computer.
Getting the paid version will greatly improve your chances of not getting infected again.
– Once your computer has been cleaned, download and install a Free AntiVirus program if you don’t already have one.
– If you already have one have it run an update and then have it run a full scan on your computer.
– AVG is a good free AntiVirus program that will work great on any computer without slowing down your performance.
– AVG also has a Paid version which includes many extra features over the free version.
– Check out the options for the free and paid version and decide for yourself which one you need.
– If you opt for the paid version of AVG and would like to save 20% off your order of AVG Products click here –> Save 20% on AVG Anti-Virus – 1 user 1 year
– Get back to working or playing on your computer while saving the hundreds of dollars a virus removal tech support call would have cost you.
If you like this page please share it with your friends and family.
I support the following local areas for pickup or drop-off:
I also do remote connection support and can connect to your computer from anywhere.
Please refer to my Services Page to see what I can help you with.